This is a recipe loved by both adults and children and a family favorite. You can have it for lunch, dinner, or as an evening snack. It can also be frozen and made ahead if you need a quick meal. This cheesy feel-good meal is none other than Mac n Cheese. Believe it or not, Mac n Cheese was eaten as early as the 14th century and included in cookbooks back then. Since then people have made many different variations and it’s popularity has not lessened.
If you’re a cooking novice or have never tried Mac n cheese before here we share how to make this yummy cheesy meal. You can add more ingredients like spices, bacon, and/or broccoli to adjust the dish as per your liking.
(This recipes serves 4)
- Elbow Shaped Macaroni pasta - 2 cups
- Unsalted butter - 6 tablespoons
- Flour (All-purpose) - 6 tablespoons
- Full Fat Milk - 3 cups
- Grated cheese (you can take any kind of cheese but cheddar gives a good flavor) - 2 cups
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the macaroni pasta in water seasoned with salt and olive oil until it is al dente. Don’t overcook it because it will cook more with the other ingredients. Drain and set aside.
- Take a pan and add the butter. After it is all melted, add in the flour. Stir constantly using a whisk until the flour dissolves.
- Slowly pour in the milk. Whisk until thick and creamy. Pour in more milk and whisk continuously until creamy. Turn off the heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients that are cheese, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth and well incorporated.
- Your mac n cheese is ready!
- (Optional) You can layer the mac n cheese in a baking dish, top it with bread crumbs and bake it to get a crispy top layer.